Adrienne C. Moore’s Brief But Spectacular take on the characters in her life
2019-11-27 00:00:00


JUDY WOODRUFF: Tonight's Brief But Spectacularfeatures performer Adrienne C. Moore, an actress(1)
朱迪·伍德鲁夫(JUDY WOODRUFF):今晚的简介,但壮观的演员艾德丽安·摩尔(Adrienne C. Moore),女演员

best known for her role in "Orange Is theNew Black."(2)
最出名的是她在《橙色是新黑人》中的角色。

She opens up here about pulling charactersfrom her upbringing in Atlanta and the impact(3)
她在这里谈到了从亚特兰大的成长过程中汲取人物角色及其影响

her father had on her.(4)
她父亲在她身上。

This is part of Canvas, our continuing coveringof arts and culture.(5)
这是Canvas(我们对艺术和文化的持续报道)的一部分。

ADRIENNE C. MOORE, Actress: What I love aboutacting and being in front of people is, honestly,(6)
女演员:ADRIENNE C. MOORE:说实话,我喜欢演戏并在人们面前露面

seeing their expressions.(7)
看到他们的表情。

My first production that I can remember was"The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" in Nashville,(8)
我记得的第一部作品是《纳什维尔有史以来最好的圣诞节选美大赛》,

Tennessee.(9)
田纳西州。

I had no lines, just the little chorus parts.(10)
我没有台词,只有一些小合唱部分。

But that gave me a chance to look at everysingle person in the audience during the show(11)
但这让我有机会在演出期间观察观众中的每个人

and seeing them smile, and laugh, and havefeelings and emotions.(12)
看到他们微笑,大笑,有感情和情感。

And from that moment on, I said, I want todo this for the rest of my life.(13)
从那一刻起,我说过,我想一辈子都这样做。

"Orange Is the New Black" came about justlike any other audition.(14)
就像其他试镜一样,“橙色就是新黑人”来了。

They called me in for Black Cindy.(15)
他们叫我去Black Cindy。

Immediately, when I read it, I said, oh, mygosh, I know this girl.(16)
立刻,当我阅读它时,我说,哦,天哪,我认识这个女孩。

To me, she represented a lot of girls thatI had run across when I'd moved to Atlanta,(17)
对我来说,她代表了我搬到亚特兰大时遇到的很多女孩,

just very fiery and speak their minds, andpop their fingers, and roll their eyes, and(18)
只是非常火热,说出他们的想法,弹开他们的手指,滚动他们的眼睛,以及

roll their heads, and just tell their truth.(19)
摇头,说出他们的真相。

And so, when I read her, I said, I think Icould embody her pretty well.(20)
因此,当我阅读她时,我说,我想我可以很好地体现她。

Of course she ain't smiling.(21)
当然,她不会微笑。

She got screwed by me, by -- by everybody.(22)
她被我,每个人都搞砸了。

Suzanne, everything is broken and life isunfair.(23)
苏珊,一切都破了,生活不公平。

When are you going to learn that?(24)
您什么时候要学习?

The play that I did in Shakespeare in thePark was called "Taming of the Shrew."(25)
我在公园的莎士比亚戏剧中扮演的戏称为“驯悍记”。

I got to work with Phyllida Lloyd, who isa phenomenal director.(26)
我要与非凡的导演菲利达·劳埃德(Phyllida Lloyd)合作。

And I was always afraid of Shakespeare, iambicpentameter, and just going up on a line and(27)
而且我一直很害怕莎士比亚(Shakespeare),模糊的五角星,会一直走下去,

all that kind of stuff.(28)
所有这些东西。

But she really taught me how to own the languageand, in that ownership, how to own the character.(29)
但是她真的教我如何拥有语言,在这种所有权下,如何拥有角色。

And once I got past that fear, I had the mostamazing time.(30)
一旦我摆脱了恐惧,我就会度过最美好的时光。

What was so revolutionary about that experiencewas that I lost my dad literally in the same(31)
那种经历的革命性之处在于,我在同一时间失去了父亲

time that I was doing that show.(32)
我做那个表演的时间。

And so I was experiencing incredible highsand incredible lows at the same time.(33)
因此,我同时经历了难以置信的高点和低谷。

But one of the things that my dad taught meand told me before he passed was happiness.(34)
但是,父亲在他去世之前教给我的一件事是幸福。

And so that's the thing that I always tryto embody in my work and in my life and in(35)
这就是我一直努力在工作,生活和生活中体现的东西。

who I am.(36)
我是谁。

I feel like, when I'm in the pocket with something,I will sometimes hear this little chime or(37)
我觉得,当我在口袋里放东西时,有时会听到这种小铃声或

this a little ding somewhere off in the distance,and I feel like it's my dad being like, you(38)
远处的某个地方,我感觉就像是我父亲

got it.(39)
得到它了。

You're on the point, girl.(40)
你说得对,女孩。

My dad was very proud of me, of his children,because one of the things he always said was,(41)
我父亲为我和他的孩子感到非常自豪,因为他一直说的一件事是,

do what makes you happy.(42)
做些让你快乐的事情。

And a lot of times, when I get in very confusingplaces in my life, and I don't know what choice(43)
很多时候,当我进入生活中令人困惑的地方时,我不知道该选择什么

to make, I always think about what he said,which is, do what makes you happy.(44)
做,我总是想着他说的是,做些什么使你快乐。

And so that's how I make my decisions.(45)
这就是我做出决定的方式。

I don't question.(46)
我没问题

I just go inside of myself.(47)
我只是进入自己的内心。

And I say, well, what will make me happy inthis moment?(48)
我说,那么,什么能让我在这一刻感到高兴?

Because that's what my dad taught me.(49)
因为那是我父亲教我的。

My name is Adrienne C. Moore, and this ismy Brief But Spectacular take on all the characters(50)
我的名字叫Adrienne C. Moore,这是我的《简短而壮观》中的所有角色

of my life.(51)
我生命中的。

JUDY WOODRUFF: And you can watch additionalBrief But Spectacular episodes on our Web(52)
JUDY WOODRUFF:您可以在我们的网站上观看其他简短但壮观的剧集

site, PBS.org/NewsHour/Brief.(53)
网站PBS.org/NewsHour/Brief。


All News Articles fetched from PBS RSS Feeds and copyrighted by pbs.org